The Carlisle & Finch Company is the standard for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, and a multitude of Defense Forces and Militaries around the world. Because so many U.S Coast Guard and U.S. Navy fleets have standardized on C&F Searchlights, most C&F searchlight products have approved National Stock Numbers. A partial listing of U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard Fleets, and the C&F products which are installed throughout those fleets, are seen below:
• U.S. Coast Guard 87-Foot “Coastal Patrol Boat”: 350 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 110-Foot “Island Class Cutter”: 350 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 153-Foot “Fast Response Cutter”: 350 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 175-Foot “WLM Buoy Tender”: 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 210-Foot “Med. Endurance Cutter”: 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 270-Foot “Med. Endurance Cutter”: 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 378-Foot “High Endurance Cutter”: 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard 418-Foot “National Security Cutter”: 500 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Coast Guard Ice Breakers (All): 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Navy Joint High Speed Vessel: 350 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Navy Cyclone Patrol Boats: 350 Watt Xenon
• U.S. Navy Military Sea Lift Command Vessels: 1000 Watt Xenon
• U.S Navy Carriers, Destroyers, Patrol Craft, etc.: Morse Code Signaling Searchlights
Below is a listing of important C&F searchlight features, which provide strategic benefits for Naval Vessels, Coast Guard Cutters and Patrol Craft:
- Bullet-Resistant Reflectors: Included on all xenon searchlights, the precision-optic reflectors are made of virtually indestructible nickel material, which resists breakage if impacted by bullets or rocks.
- Manual Emergency Back-up: If any motor fails (i.e. Up, Down, Right, Left or Electric Beam-Size Focus), all of the searchlight functions can be operated manually in back-up mode, quickly and easily, with no tools required. (PDF )
- “Built-in Redundancy”: 500 Watt and 1000 Watt Xenon searchlights have electronic ballast designs which include multiple electronic boards. During an emergency, if one board fails, a bright beam is still produced, even in back-up mode (PDF ).
- LED Hybrid Feature: Auxiliary LED’s added to xenon and halogen searchlights, strategically illuminate wide areas closer to the vessel, which these narrower traditional searchlight beams cannot service. The LED’s produce a “Wall of Light” 150 Meters wide by 230 Meters long, which is greatly beneficial for vessel interdiction, and denying night vision (PDF).
- Strobe Feature: A Powerful Strobe Feature offered on xenon searchlights, provides a dizzying and disorienting effect on intruders, terrorists and pirates. This feature transforms the searchlight instantly, into a Nonlethal Weapon!
- Detachable Infrared (IR) Filters: By attaching an IR Filter to a xenon searchlight, the fixture instantly becomes a powerful IR Illuminator, which projects an “invisible beam” undetected by the human eye, but seen with night vision goggles and cameras. The filters can be attached quickly and easily, with no tools.
- NightFINDER™ Camera Feature: An optional embedded thermal camera on the searchlight pan/tilt base, allows the operator to see in total darkness. And because the camera and searchlight beam are precisely aligned on the same target, the camera serves as an effective “Covert Targeting Device”, to instantly illuminate person or object. (PDF )
- Remote IP-System Control: Integrated Systems, which include Searchlights, Night Vision Cameras and IR Illuminators, are remotely controlled using the TCP/IP (Ethernet) protocol (PDF ).